Here are some notes on the Gamecocks’ NFL pipeline:
- South Carolina has produced 12 first-round draft picks all-time, with seven coming since 2000.
- South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was selected as the No. 1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. Running back George Rogers was selected with the No. 1 overall pick of the 1981 NFL Draft after winning the Heisman Trophy in 1980. Rogers earned NFL Rookie of the Year honors after leading the league in rushing in 1981. He was a two-time Pro Bowl selection in 1981 and 1982.
- 15 Gamecocks have been selected in the last three drafts.
- 47 South Carolina players have been drafted since 2000, an average of over three draftees per year.
- A Gamecock has been selected in each of the last 13 NFL Drafts.
- 28 South Carolina defensive backs have been selected in the NFL Draft, with 14 picked since 2002.
For an up to date listing of Gamecocks in the NFL, click here.
NFL Pro Day